To combat sluggish sales figures in the first half.
In what appears to be the largest number of model launches for both companies in just six months, Hyundai and Kia will introduce 11 new models across the globe to combat sluggish sales figures registered by both companies in the first half of 2015, claims a report on Business Korea.
The report does not provide model wise details, but says that the upcoming models include:
- 2016 Hyundai Sonata diesel variant (launched)
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra/Avante
- 2015 Hyundai Tucson (global rollout)
- 2015 Hyundai Creta (in markets other than India)
Kia will also be chiming in, and launch new models, which include:
- 2016 Kia Sportage
- 2016 Kia K5 (Exclusive to South Korea)
- 2016 Kia K5 Hybrid and PHEV variants
- 2016 Kia Optima (for U.S and European markets)
In 2015, major launches for Hyundai globally have been the 2016 Hyundai Tucson in Europe, 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Prime (facelift) in Korea, Hyundai i30 facelift, Hyundai Creta (exclusive to the Indian market, for now) and a diesel variant of the 2016 Hyundai Sonata in Korea. Kia has meanwhile unveiled the facelifted 2016 Kia cee'd and launched the 2016 Kia Picanto for the European market, the Kia K5 in Korea, the new Kia Sorento in the USA, and the Kia KX3 in China in the first half of 2015.
Hyundai Creta - Image Gallery
[Source: Business Korea]