We have been tracking the 2015 Mercedes C Class like the way we track all our German toys developing in the wombs of manufacturers.
Automobile-magazine.fr gets us some more juicy details of the upcoming C Class in a latest posting.
- The 2014 Mercedes C Class will be an all new model and not facelift. It will be based on the new MRA (Mercedes RWD Architecture).
- To differentiate the new Mercedes C Class from the upcoming Mercedes CLA, the Stuttgart automaker plans to increase the length by 10 cm. The wheelbase increases by 8 cm and the whole car will be wider by 4 cm.
- It will come with a completely new floor pan as well as a sophisticated axle design.
- The styling will be influenced by Concept Style Coupe with the design hints coming from the Mercedes A Class and B Class.
- It will feature LED technology in both headlamps and tail lamps.
- A host of new technologies will find their way into the new C Class. These would include –
- New radar-guided cruise control
- Automatic Lane change Assist
- Automatic braking
- A new touchpad to control the COMMAND functions
- Mercedes is working aggressively on reducing the overall weight of the car to increase performance and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Thanks to the alliance with Renault, the Mercedes C Class will benefit from Renault diesel engines and new petrol engines developed in collaboration with the French automaker.
- There will also be a hybrid version with a 30 km pure electric range.
Make sure that you go through our comprehensive product deep dive to know more about the 2014 Mercedes C Class.