Our regular reader from Pune, Suresh Deshpande has sent spy shots of Tata Motors Ultra LCV doing the rounds in Pune. The Ultra was showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo in all its glory. However, as Tata Motors still had some testing left, the company did not launch the LCV in Delhi.
The Tata Ultra LCV & ICV range will comprise a series of variants from 5 to 14 tonnes. The range will be powered by new generation 3L (138 HP) and 5L (168 HP) common rail (DICOR) 16-valve engines.
The highlights of the Ultra LCV are:
- Steel cabin with hydraulic cabin tilt mechanism
- Steel rolled chassis frame
- A dash-mounted cable shift gear
- Seats with integral headrest
- Tiltable, telescopic and collapsible power steering
- Clear-lens headlamps
- Radial tyres
- Parabolic leaf springs
- First time in the category, disc brakes ensure safer transit of goods
Tata Motors is giving its products a similar face right from the Ace to the Ultra trucks. The facelift of the Ace was also shown at the Auto Expo featuring a new front fascia.