Essentially, these sedans will be under 4 meters to take advantage of tax breaks, at the same time provide more boot space than a conventional hatchback. Currently, the only sedan sold in this format is the Indigo eCS. The Verito (Logan for rest of the world) and the Manza are likely to join this race next year.
Coming back to Maruti Suzuki, the company plans to design a compact sedan under four meters based on the current Swift which may be called ‘Swift 3.99’. Vicky claims to have gained access to the specifications of the Swift 3.99. Here are the details:
- It would be 3.9m in length, 1.6m wide and 1.5m tall
- The wheelbase will be 2.43m only
- The base variant of Swift 3.99 would run on 165/80 R14 tyres and more expensive variants would use 185/65 R15 rubber.
- It will weigh around a ton
- The petrol variant will be powered by 1.2L K series engine developing 87PS of max power at 6,000rpm and 114Nm of peak torque at 4,000rpm.
- It will only be offered in 5 speed manual
- Expected mileage is 18.5kmpl
We don’t know whether the Swift 3.99 will completely replace the Swift Dzire or will sell alongside it. However do you think the Swift 3.99 can compete against Verito CS and Manza CS?