Sources have told Indian Autos Blog that Hyundai is preparing the i20 facelift for a launch in the first week of April. Here's a brief look at what is changing.
- Minor changes to the interior, blue color theme retained in meter & dashboard lighting
- Fluidic theme turns on the heat like the Verna did with redesigned headlamps, LED strip on the new bumper. Little tweaks has been made to rear lights & bumper.
- Petrol variants get Kappa 2 with VTVT
- Diesel engine is the same, variants are also the same; Feature supplements are possible without a hike in prices
- Issues with the AC capability has been resolved, it gets a little more power, in time for summer!
- Parts that caused rattling in the cabin have been identified and replaced
Indian Autos Blog readers have also been notified of the next generation i20 (codename - IB) scheduled for a launch in 2014-15.
Spyshots sent in by IAB readers Rohan Dhanraj and Ashwin Keerthivasan Ravichandran.