HMIL launched the new fifth generation Verna in India yesterday. In 18 days of pre-bookings, the 2017 Hyundai Verna managed to get 45,000+ inquiries and 4,000+ bookings. Prices of the new Verna start at INR 8.00 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
Of the total enquiries, the company estimates around 60% have been for the diesel variants. Manual variants are proving to be the more popular choice with 70% prospective customers expressing interest in them. The 2017 Hyundai Verna petrol and diesel with the 6-speed torque converter are available in mid-level EX trims as well making automatic variants more accessible. HMIL is expecting these enquiries to turn into bookings now that the prices have been announced.
Prices of the Verna petrol start at INR 8.00 lakhs topping out at INR 12.24 lakhs for the SX(O) Petrol AT. The 2017 Hyundai Verna diesel starts at INR 9.20 lakhs for the base E trim going up to INR 12.62 lakhs for the SX+ AT variant. These ex-showroom New Delhi prices are valid only for the first 20,000 customers. Hyundai may be forced to increase prices sooner than anticipated as the government will soon enforce the additional 10% cess on large vehicles.
2017 Hyundai Verna - Highlights
- 123 PS 1.6 L Gamma petrol with 6-speed MT and 6-speed AT
- 128 PS 1.6 L U2 CRDi diesel with 6-speed MT and 6-speed AT
- Segment first ventilated front seats and smart trunk function
- 7-inch touchscreen AVN with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Mirror Link support
- 16-inch diamond cut alloys
- Automatic climate control
- Seven Colours - Phantom Black, Sleek Silver, Stardust, Fiery Red, Flame Orange, Polar White & Siena Brown.
|2017 Hyundai Verna Price (ex-showroom Delhi)|
|E||INR 8.00 lakhs||INR 9.20 lakhs|
|EX||INR 9.07 lakhs||INR 10.00 lakhs|
|EX AT||INR 10.23 lakhs||INR 11.40 lakhs|
|SX||INR 9.50 lakhs||INR 11.12 lakhs|
|SX+ AT||-||INR 12.62 lakhs|
|SX(O)||INR 11.09 lakhs||INR 12.40 lakhs|
|SX(O) AT||INR 12.24 lakhs||-|