Earlier spotting of a lightly camouflaged Ritz test mule gave rise to a speculation that Maruti Suzuki is in the process of revamping the Ritz for 2012. The speculations were indeed true as our friends at Gaadi.com have managed to click the front fascia of the Ritz test mule revealing some startling details.
Left - Facelifted Ritz features pulled-back fog light housing, wire mesh grille, newly designed headlights and new hood. Right - Currently selling model is not exactly a looker. It is surprising Maruti has ignored the car's rear.
Maruti Ritz Facelift - What's new?
- The image of the previous catch reveals that no alterations have been made to the rear of the car.
- The front will sport a new wide grill with a slightly re-designed bonnet. The headlamps will also get minor changes to make the car look fresh and upgraded.
Ritz facelift may feature new technology and features
- Testing equipments attached to car hint at changes in the engine department. Maruti Suzuki will probably introduce VVT technology on the KB12 motor of the Ritz. The VVT is already present in the new Swift which uses the same engine as the Ritz.
- The Ritz may also get an interior upgrade on the similar lines of the Swift with new center console and steering mounted controls.
On our wishlist for the new Ritz
- 4-speed automatic from the Dzire as Maruti has shown keen interest in auto boxes in the recent months. Could we also see the new Swift Dzire dash carried over to the new Ritz please?
What upgrades are you expecting in the new Ritz?
[Source - Gaadi.com Image of the Ritz sourced from Facebook.com]