The VW Cross Polo is the next launch lined up by the German car maker in India. Thanks to our sources, we can reveal the following information today.
The Cross Polo will be available in one variant only - Highline Diesel. There will be no petrol on offer, at least initially. The Cross Polo will cost INR 65,000 more than the Polo TDI Highline (ex-Showroom prices). When you take the on-road price into account, the Cross Polo costs INR 70,000 more than the Polo TDI Highline.
Following are the feature additions in the Cross Polo apart from the regular features you get on a Highline variant:
- New "Cross" grille with chrome accent
- New "Cross" bumpers, front and rear with silver accents
- Black covers for the wheel arches
- Black side cladding
- Silver roof rails
- New "Cross" decals on rear doors
- New design 15" alloy wheels
- Silver painted door wing mirror housing
- Superior "Livon" Titanium black upholstery
Here are the tech specs for the Cross Polo. We have mentioned the specs of an ordinary Polo within brackets.
- Length - 3,987mm (3,970mm)
- Height - 1,474mm with Roof Rails (1,453mm)
- Width - 1,698mm (1,682mm)
- Wheelbase - 2,456mm (2,456mm)
- Ground clearance - 168mm (168mm) - Yes, there is no increase in ground clearance!
- Tires - 185/60 R15 (185/60 R15 for Highline variants)
- Only 3 exterior color options - Flash Red, Deep Black, Reflex Silver
VW India has begun teasing the Cross Polo on their website and their FaceBook page. The initial lot of vehicles have already been dispatched to the dealers. The dealers have been informed that the Cross Polo is a "Polo With A New Attitude". Expect the soft-launch to happen within this week.