This year, Audi India will launch the new-gen A6 and A8 in September and December, respectively. Then, the company will launch the second-gen Q3 in the first quarter of next year.
First unveiled at the 2018 Paris Motor Show, the second-generation Audi Q3 draws design inspiration from the Audi's flagship Q8 SUV. It gets slimmer LED headlights and a larger and more pronounced octagonal-shaped single-frame grille. The top-spec trim sports matrix LEDs with adaptive beams. Furthermore, it now flaunts more muscular shoulder lines as opposed to softer design lines seen on the current on-sale model. The new Audi Q3 gets wheel sizes ranging from 17-inches to 20-inches, and it also features dual-tone look for the first time.
On the inside, the all-new Audi Q3 now offers a roomier cabin than the previous-gen model. It is based on VW’s new ubiquitous MQB platform which is marginally longer and wider than the current model's platform. Apart from that, the boot now offers an adjustable floor and is capable of holding 675 litres of luggage which can be extended up to 1,525 litres with the 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats.
That said, the all-new Audi Q3 now come with a fully digital instrument cluster with a virtual cockpit. The new-gen model features a slew of driver assistance programs including adaptive cruise control, park assist, lane departure warning and side assist. With a length, width and height of 4,484 mm, 1,849 mm and 1,585 mm respectively, the second-gen model is 96 mm longer, 18 mm wider and 5 mm lower than the first-gen model. The wheelbase is 2,680 mm, which is 77 mm longer.
The international-spec all-new Audi Q3 is sold in many different mechanical configurations, as listed below:
- 1.5-litre 35 TFSI petrol engine (150 PS and 250 Nm), 6-speed MT, FWD
- 1.5-litre 35 TFSI petrol engine (150 PS and 250 Nm), 7-speed DCT, FWD
- 2.0-litre 40 TFSI petrol engine (190 PS and 320 Nm), 7-speed DCT, AWD
- 2.0-litre 45 TFSI petrol engine (230 PS and 350 Nm), 7-speed DCT, AWD
- 2.0-litre 35 TDI diesel engine (150 PS with 340 Nm), 7-speed DCT, FWD
- 2.0-litre 35 TDI diesel engine (150 PS with 340 Nm), 6-speed MT, AWD
- 2.0-litre 40 TDI diesel engine (190 PS and 400 Nm), 7-speed DCT, AWD
In other updates, Audi has even revealed the Q3 Sportback and priced it from INR 31 lakh in Germany.