To be offered with two engine choices.
Dealerships of Mahindra started accepting bookings for the new Scorpio from September 15. The booking amount, we are told by dealers, is INR 20,000. Indian Autos Blog can confirm that the market launch of the SUV will take place in the next few weeks,
Here are the variants and variant-wise features of the new SUV. Mahindra will offer five variants namely S2, S4, S6, S8 and S10. All variants will be available in five colors - Diamond White, Fiery Black, Mist Silver, Molten Red & Regal Blue - the last two being all new shades.
Following is the seating configuration on the car.
- S2 – 7 & 9 Side facing
- S4 – 7 & 9 Side facing
- S6 – 7 Side facing & 8 Front facing
- S8 – 7 Side facing, 7 Captain Seats & 8 Front facing
- S10 – 7 Side facing, 7 Captain Seats & 8 Front facing
Below is a brief overview of the features that will be seen in these variants.
- S2 – Entry level variant with the m2DiCr engine (2.5-liter 75 bhp engine)
- S4 – Entry level variant with the 2.2-liter mHawk engine (2.2-liter 120 bhp)
- S6 – 2-DIN audio system & body colored wing mirrors and door handles
- S8 – Dual Airbags, ABS, alloy wheels
- S10 – Dual Airbags, ABS, alloy wheels, touchscreen infotainment system, Rain & Light sensors, Steering mounted audio & cruise controls, Reverse Parking Assist, Micro-Hybrid technology
Competitors: Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Tata Safari Storme
Expected Price: INR 8.5-13 lakhs, ex-showroom
Launch date: By early October