After commencing the pre-bookings in April, India Kawasaki Motors has announced the launch of the MY2020 Ninja ZX-10R. The updated motorcycle, which is assembled in the country, has been priced at INR 13,99,000 (ex-showroom Delhi). In comparison, the outgoing model was sold at 14,30,000 (ex-showroom PAN India).
The competitive price tag is aimed to mark the company’s dominance in the litre-class Supersports category. Deliveries of the updated motorcycle will start from mid-June 2019 onwards.
The 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R comes with a marginal performance hike over the model it replaces. The 998 cc liquid cooled, in-line four-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve (4-valves per cylinder) engine now makes 203 PS of maximum power (213 PS with RAM air) at 13,500 rpm and a peak torque of 114.9 Nm at 11,200 rpm. In comparison, the outgoing model's engine was tuned to deliver 200 PS (210 PS with RAM air) at 13,000 rpm.
Braking duties are handled by dual Brembo M50 monobloc callipers that grab 330 mm discs at the front. The anchoring department also benefits from specially prepared radial-pump master cylinder and steel-braided lines. The motorcycle comes with a specially developed Öhlins electronic steering damper.
The MY2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is available in Lime Green/Ebony/Metallic Graphite Gray colours with Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) graphics. There aren’t many changes in terms of styling, and we expect a new look in 2020 when the Japanese brand introduces the Euro-V/BS-VI upgrade.
Features at a glance:
- Increased Engine performance (Maximum power 203 PS / Maximum power with RAM air 213 PS)
- Finger follower valve actuation (Valve train designed by Kawasaki’s World Superbike engineers)
- DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on finger follower
- Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
- Red painted cylinder head cover
- KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter-Dual Direction)
- S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control)
- KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
- Electronic throttle valves
- Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Power mode selection (3 modes)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
- Aluminium Twin-spar Frame
- Aluminium Swingarm
- High-performance Brembo Brake system
- SHOWA BFFF/BFRC (Balance Free Front Fork / Balance Free Rear Cushion)
- Öhlins electronic steering damper
- Single seater for Indian Market