Kawasaki has started accepting pre-bookings for the 2019 Ninja ZX-10R in India, for a deposit of INR 1,50,000. The 998 cc in-line four-cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC, 16-valve engine of the new model makes 203 PS of maximum power (213 PS with RAM air) as against the previous model’s 200 PS (210 PS with RAM air). The peak torque of 114.9 Nm comes at 11,200 rpm.
The new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R will be available in Lime Green/Ebony/Metallic Graphite Gray colours with Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) graphics. The ex-showroom price will be released very soon. The new model will be locally assembled and thus be offered at competitive prices. The outgoing model, for reference, was sold at INR 14,30,000 (ex-showroom PAN India).
Pre-bookings for the 2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R will be open from 26 April to 30 May. The motorcycle will be available in limited numbers in the first lot, and thus, the pre-bookings will be closed after the targeted numbers are reached. The deliveries are likely to commence by the middle of June.
While the performance has been marginally enhanced with the MY2019 update, the styling has remained unaltered. Expect a new look in 2020 when Kawasaki introduces the Euro-V/BS-VI upgrade.
Upgrades for MY2019:
- Increased Engine performance (Maximum power 203 PS / Maximum power with RAM air 213 PS) - +3 PS
- Finger follower valve actuation (Valve train designed by Kawasaki’s World Superbike engineers)
- DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on finger follower
- Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
- Red painted cylinder head cover
- KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter-Dual Direction)
- S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control)
- KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
- Electronic throttle valves
- Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
- Power mode selection (3 modes)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
- Aluminium Twin-spar Frame
- Aluminium Swingarm
- High-performance Brembo Brake system
- Showa Balance Free Front Fork and Balance Free Rear Cushion
- Ohlins electronic steering damper.
- Single seater for Indian Market
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R has proven its mettle and won the FIM Superbike World Championship (World SBK) four times (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018) in a row.