Second price revision for the Baleno.
Following the additional infrastructure cess, car makers have passed on the cost to buyers. India's largest car maker, Maruti Suzuki, has hiked prices across the range including that of the Maruti Baleno's. Following is the new price list, ex-Showroom, New Delhi:
Maruti Baleno Petrol:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma - INR 515,263
- Maruti Baleno Delta - INR 580,711
- Maruti Baleno Zeta - INR 641,205
- Maruti Baleno Alpha - INR 711,776
- Maruti Baleno Delta CVT - INR 686,675
Maruti Baleno Diesel:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma - INR 633,928
- Maruti Baleno Delta - INR 700,024
- Maruti Baleno Zeta - INR 761,258
- Maruti Baleno Alpha - INR 832,699
This is the second price revision for the Baleno following an increase in January 2016. During the first price hike, buyers were asked to shell out INR 5,000-12,000 more depending on the variant, and now a further INR 4,263-16,699 will be added to the ex-Showroom price. Compared to the launch prices, the Baleno is now pricier by INR 16,263-21,699 depending on the variant chosen.
Maruti has announced that a Baleno RS will be introduced during the festive season period this year. Apart from sporty visual changes, the Baleno RS will also pack the 1.0-liter three-cylinder Boosterjet turbocharged petrol engine, a first for a Maruti product.
At present, the Baleno is powered by the 1.2-liter K-Series petrol or the 1.3-liter DDiS diesel, with the petrol getting an option of a CVT in addition to a 5-speed manual transmission. The diesel is solely available with a manual gearbox.