Maruti Baleno’s prices increased; New price-list inside – IAB Report
Posted on: Jan 18, 2016 - 4:11pm IST
Feature list remains unchanged.
Maruti Suzuki have increased prices of their premium hatchback, the Maruti Baleno, by INR 5,000-12,000, ex-Showroom. Aside from the base Sigma petrol variant (where the price increase is INR 12,000), the price increase is a constant INR 5,000.
Maruti Baleno Petrol:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma – INR 5.11 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta – INR 5.76 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Zeta – INR 6.36 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Alpha – INR 7.06 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta CVT – INR 6.81 lakhs
Maruti Baleno Diesel:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma – INR 6.21 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta – INR 6.86 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Zeta – INR 7.46 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Alpha – INR 8.16 lakhs
Prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.
The Baleno was launched in October 2015, and as of December 2015, the car maker received over 40,000 bookings for the Hyundai Elite i20-rival. The Baleno is sold exclusively through Maruti’s NEXA chain of outlets, which are around 95 in number, with a further 100 planned this year.
Buyers can opt between a 1.2-liter K-Series petrol engine or a 1.3-liter DDiS diesel engine on the Baleno. The former provides 84.3 PS and 115 Nm of torque, whereas the latter delivers 75 PS and 190 Nm of torque. While a 5-speed manual gearbox is available on both engines, a CVT is additionally available on the petrol.
Maruti has announced that it will showcase the Baleno RS at the Auto Expo 2016. The Baleno RS, apart from a range of visual modifications, is expected to be powered by the 1.0-liter BoosterJet turbocharged petrol engine.