After the XUV500 resulted in a tornado of sorts, Mahindra will be keen to script a similar tale on the launches in 2012. The first of the many new models is the Xylo facelift that can be re-presented to sedan buyers just after its third birthday.
Mahindra's busy testing the refreshed model in many parts of Maharashtra. An image clicked by our friends at TAI showed a clear lens segment on the tail light and plastic wheel arches leading to the side step. Up front, heavy revisions are expected but the camouflaged mules don't help one bit in uncovering the changes.
Hence we rang in Shoeb R Kalania and asked him to play around with the Xylo's front fascia. Here's what Shoeb left us along with an image -
Mahindra Xylo facelift exterior
1. New three-dimensional grill
2. Revised Front bumper
3. Different bonnet lines
4. Tweaked headlamps
5. Tail lamps with sections of transparent housing
6. New rear Spoiler
7. Blacked out B and C Pillars.
8. Rear bumper might see the inclusion of new reflectors.
Mahindra Xylo facelift upgrades
1. A new top-end variant, E9, with features borrowed from the XUV500 could be launched.
2. 4X4/mHawk, AT and more special editions in the pipeline
3. Petrol engines from Ssangyong calibrated for export model.