Exactly after a month we posted a scoop on Verito test mule here on IAB we have better news for you. The Verito facelift has been caught testing in Chennai and it is not the CS version but a facelift for the existing sedan.
The history of the Dacia/Renault/Mahindra-Renault Logan
When the Logan was conceptualized by Renault, its objective was to build a reliable and affordable car. In 2007, Renault and Mahindra formed a JV in which the companies had 49% & 51% stake respectively. In 2007 they launched the Logan here. It’s sales were good at the start but began to drop not only because of its looks but also due to its pricing and the lack of variants and upgrades.
In 2010, Renault sold its 49% stake to Mahindra, but continued to support M&M through a license agreement which included technical support. In 2011 Mahindra relaunched the Logan in the name of Verito which means 'Truth' in Latin, with the Mahindra badge and subtle cosmetic changes. The Verito enjoyed good response from consumers. By Jan’12, YOY growth of Verito was at 51.99% and even Renault India was amazed by its success.
Mahindra Verito facelift Changelog
- Front bumper sports horizontal lines and its orientation is flipped.
- New headlights with indicators at the top.
- Front grille has a horizontal chrome slab like the Civic's grille. It could be in the attempt to lend it an upmarket look.
- Wipers are adjusted to match Indian conditions (old Logan and Verito had the wipers for LHD)
- New boot lid with number plate (Old Verito had its number plate on the rear bumper)
- No Lip spoiler
Under the hood of the Mahindra Verito facelift
On the mechanical front the Mahindra Verito retains the same efficient and acclaimed 1.5 liter K9K turbo diesel engine. Mahindra has spoken about launching a sub-4 meter version which is also expected to have the same engine.
We think Mahindra doesn’t intend to make any major changes on the engine and platform because the present Verito is enjoying considerable success.
[Pics by MAS of Team-Bhp.com]