Right-hand drive exports commence in April.
The Mahindra KUV100 was launched with aggressive pricing last week, from INR 4.42 lakhs (ex-showroom, Pune). Mahindra has high expectations from the KUV100. The company aims to sell 80,000-90,000 units of its most-affordable passenger car, as per a report from Autocar. From April 2016, the company estimates monthly sales of 7,000 units.
The Mahindra KUV100 will be built in the same factory as the Mahindra XUV500 at the company's Chakan, Pune plant. According to the report, the assembly line's production capacity will be ramped up from 9,000 units/month to 12,000 units/month.
Exports to right-hand drive markets will commence on 1 April this year. Financial schemes for college students are also being worked on. The company has also tied-up with Flipart to accept bookings for an amount of INR 10,000 with 'in-a-month' delivery assurance.
Based on a new front-wheel drive platform, the Mahindra KUV100 is available with a choice of two mFalcon engines: a 1.2-litre G80 petrol unit that develops 82 bhp and 115 Nm of torque and a 1.2-litre D75 diesel unit that develops 77 bhp and 190 Nm of torque. Power is sent to the wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission. ARAI's fuel economy rating is 18.15 km/l (petrol)/25.32 km/l (diesel).
Mahindra KUV100 - Prices (Petrol)
- Mahindra KUV100 K2 - INR 4.42 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K2+ - INR 4.64 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4 - INR 4.77 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4+ - INR 4.99 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6 - INR 5.36 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6+ - INR 5.58 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K8 - INR 5.91 lakhs
Mahindra KUV100 - Prices (Diesel)
- Mahindra KUV100 K2 - INR 5.22 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K2+ - INR 5.44 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4 - INR 5.57 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4+ - INR 5.79 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6 - INR 6.21 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6+ - INR 6.43 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K8 - INR 6.76 lakhs
[Note: Prices are ex-Showroom, Pune]
[Source - AutocarPro]