Mahindra KUV100 launched at INR 4.42 lakhs – IAB Report
Posted on: Jan 15, 2016 - 11:49am IST
Based on a new monocoque FWD platform.
The Mahindra KUV100 has been launched at a starting price of INR 4.42 lakhs. It is offered in four main variants – K2, K4, K6 and K8, and three sub-variants – K2+, K4+ and K6+. The latter adds dual front airbags to its respective version and the K8 is offered with the same as standard.
Mahindra KUV100 Petrol price list (ex-showroom, Pune):
- Mahindra KUV100 K2 – INR 4.42 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K2+ – INR 4.64 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4 – INR 4.77 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4+ – INR 4.99 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6 – INR 5.36 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6+ – INR 5.58 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K8 – INR 5.91 lakhs
Mahindra KUV100 Diesel price list (ex-showroom, Pune):
- Mahindra KUV100 K2 – INR 5.22 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K2+ – INR 5.44 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4 – INR 5.57 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K4+ – INR 5.79 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6 – INR 6.21 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K6+ – INR 6.43 lakhs
- Mahindra KUV100 K8 – INR 6.76 lakhs
The KUV100 is powered by Mahindra’s new mFalcon range of engines. The 1.2-liter three-cylinder petrol G80 engine develops 82 bhp and 115 Nm of torque, whereas the D75 diesel engine (also a 1.2-liter three-cylinder unit) makes 77 bhp and 190 Nm of torque. Both engines are paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The KUV100 diesel has an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 25.32 km/l whereas the petrol delivers 18.15 km/l. The KUV100 will also offer the Micro hybrid system (start-stop) and PWR/ECO driving modes.
On the safety front, ABS and EBD is standard on all variants of the KUV100, and as mentioned earlier dual front airbags are optional on the base- and mid-variants and standard on the top-end variant. The KUV100 meets current and future safety norms (upcoming 2017 safety regulations).
The KUV100 measures 1,715 mm in width and 1,655 mm in height. It comes with 2 seating options: 5- and 6-seating options. The latter offers a bench-type seat up front, and Mahindra says the bench will accommodate three adults. Both rows have a flat floor. Coming to boot space, the KUV100 offers 243 liters (473 liters with the rear seats folded).
Mood lighting, LED roof light, follow-me lights, LED daytime running lights, ISOFIX mounting point, cooled glovebox, 6-speaker audio system with USB and AUX-in are some of the features on the KUV100. It will be offered in 7 colors.
The KUV100 competes with the Hyundai Grand i10, Maruti Swift and Maruti Swift Dzire, according to Mahindra.