From the moment of posting live images and the feature brochure of the MU-7 and D-Max, so many of our readers have been writing in for the technical specifications.
Is the Isuzu launch news to you? Here's a recap then
- Isuzu "test launched" the MU-7 SUV and D-Max pickups in India through its sole dealership in Hyderabad.
- The MU-7's Hyderabad ex-showroom price is set at 24,17,000 rupees. The D-Max's Hyderabad ex-showroom price is 8,10,000 rupees.
- Isuzu announced that dealerships in Delhi and Coimbatore will be up and running in no time.
- The models are brought through the CBU channel - this explains the unbelievably high price tag on the MU-7. The D-Max is classified as a commercial vehicle, thereby exempted from heavy taxation.
- The D-Max is price positioned to compete with the Mahindra Genio and the Tata Xenon Pikup variant. The MU-7 has the Chevrolet Captiva, Toyota Fortuner, Hyundai Santa Fe and the Ssangyong Rexton on its crossbow.
- Only 60 units of the fully-loaded MU-7 are being imported to India this year. It has found 9 customers already in Hyderabad.
Up to speed? Let's head right into the specifications.
Isuzu MU-7 Engine & Transmission
- Engine Model - 4JJ1
- Engine Emission Standard - BS3
- Fuel Type (Diesel/CNG/Gasoline) - Diesel Engine
- Features - Intercooled VGS Turbo Diesel
- Engine Displacement (CC) - 2999
- No Of Cylinders - 4
- Power KW (PS) @rpm - 120 (163) / 3600
- Torque Nm @rpm - 360 / 1800-2800
- No of Valves per Cylinder - 4 Valve Mechanism
- Fuel Injection System - Direct injection, Electronic common-rail
- Transmission - MUX5S Gear, Manual Box, 5 Forward + 1 Reverse
- Drive Type - 4X2 (Rear wheel drive)
Isuzu MU-7 Dimensions
- Seating Capacity (incl driver) - 7
- Kerb Weight (kg) - 1900
- Registered Payload (kg) - 615
- Gross Vehicle Weight (kg) - 2515
- Vehicle outer dimension LxBxH (mm) - 4955 x 1800 x 1805
- Wheel Base (mm) - 3050
- Front Overhang (mm) - 770
- Rear Overhang (mm) - 1135
- Minimum Turning Circle Dia: Kerb to Kerb (mm) - 12200
- Minimum Ground Clearance (mm) - 210
- Approach angle - 34.6°
- Departure angle - 23.2°
Isuzu MU-7 - Performance
- Max Speed (KPH) - 175
- Acceleration 0-60 Kmph (sec) - 4.3
- Acceleration 0-100 Kmph (sec) - 10.7
Isuzu MU-7 - Suspension, Steering, Brakes and Tires
- Braking Circuit - Hydraulic, Vacuum assist Brakes
- Front - Disc, Rear - Drum
- Steering Type - Rack & Pinion with hydraulic power assist
- Suspension Front - Independent, Double wishbone with torsion bar springs; Suspension Rear - Rigid , Leaf Spring, Taper leaf / 5 Leaves and Shock Absorber
- Front & rear Tyre Size - 245/70R16 Radial/Tubeless
- Wheel Size - 16 x 7JJ
Isuzu MU-7 - Safety & Security
- Fuel Capacity (Litres) - 76
- AC spec - Manual control air conditioner with rear cooler
- Safety & Security - Three channel , Four sensor ABS with EBD as a control logic
- No of Airbags and position - 2/Driver & Passenger
Isuzu MU-7 technical specification sheet for Indian market
[can't see the tech spec above? Head to Issuu]