Thanks to our longstanding reader Venkat Chaitanya Mantravadi from Hyderabad, we can submit to you photographs, brochures and details of the test launches Isuzu conducted last month. Here are the Isuzu MU-7 and D-Max, coming to you, right from the showroom floor.
Isuzu presently has just one dealer outlet in India, situated in Hyderabad. The second and third outlets will be inaugurated in Delhi and Coimbatore shortly.
Launch strategy and prices of the Isuzu MU-7 and Isuzu D-Max for India
- 60 vehicles to be imported this year from Thailand.
- 9 units of the MU-7 have already been booked in Hyderabad.
- Black, Silver and White are the colors available.
- The top of the line variant will be the only model that will be imported this year.
- MU-7 Hyderabad ex-showroom price – 24,17,000 rupees.
- D-Max Hyderabad ex-showroom price – 8,10,000 rupees.
- D-Max is available as double cab right now in Hyderabad. But if market requires, single cab will be offered.
- D-Max targets the Tata Xenon and Mahindra Thar customers.
Competing with the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Nissan X-Trail and the Ssangyong Rexton, the MU-7 is a CBU imported from the Thailand plant with a 3-liter diesel engine.
The D-Max is the pickup version of the MU-7 that is powered by a 2.5-liter diesel engine.
Isuzu MU-7 & Isuzu D-Max Brochure scan
[can’t see the brochure above? Head over to Issuu]
We are still awaiting the complete technical specifications of these utility vehicles. Isuzu hasn’t launched a website or a Facebook page listing these vital statistics. Indonesia and Thailand have them on sale, but the powertrain tuning states are varied.
We will update you on the exact technical specifications later this week, so make sure to keep a tab on IndianAutosBlog.com.