The Hyundai Elite i20 was launched in India today. Here is a detailed look at its specifications and features.
- Length: 3,985 mm
- Width: 1,734 mm
- Height: 1,505 mm
- Wheelbase: 2,570 mm
- Ground Clearance: 170 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 45 liters
Engine and Gearbox:
- Diesel engine option: 1.4-liter four-cylinder DOHC U2 CRDI with 16 valves producing 88.73 bhp @ 4,000 rpm and 220 Nm of torque @ 1,500 - 2,750 rpm; ARAI mileage at 22.54 km/l for Era, Magna and 21.76 km/l for Sportz, Sportz (O) and Asta.
- Petrol engine option: 1.2-liter four-cylinder DOHC Kappa with Dual VTVT and 16 valves producing 81.83 bhp @ 6,000 rpm and 114.7 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm; ARAI mileage at 18.6 km/l for Era, Magna and 18.24 km/l for Sportz, Sportz (O) and Asta.
- Petrol gets a 5-speed manual transmission while the diesel gets a 6-speed manual gearbox.
- Interesting Fact: India hosted the world debut of the new i20 today.
Suspension, Brakes and Tires:
- Front: McPherson strut with coil spring
- Rear: Coupled torsion beam axle with coil spring, gas type shock absorbers
- Disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear
- Tires: 185/70 R14 Steel (Era, Magna, Sportz); 195/55 R16 Alloy (Sportz (O) and Asta)
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Smart pedal system (cuts of acceleration when accelerator and brake pedals are pressed simultaneously)
- Rear defogger
- 16-inch diamond cut alloy wheels
- LED taillights
- Black C-Pillars
- Automatic headlights
- Rear wiper and washer
- Multifunction steering wheel
- 2-DIN integrated music system with CD/MP3/Radio/USB/AUX-in/Bluetooth and 1 GB internal memory
- 8-speaker system
- Chilled glovebox
- Automatic AC
- Rear AC vents
- Electrically adjustable wing mirrors with power folding function
- Rear view camera with parking sensors
- Front armrest
- Engine starter button and smart key
- 60:40 folding rear seat
[Note: These features are seen on the top-end Asta model.]
Hyundai Elite i20 - Brochure
[Can't see the brochure above? Head to Slideshare]