The Hyundai Elantra was launched this afternoon in New Delhi in a wide range of variants. Indian Autos Blog was the first to catch the car on Indian roads in November of last year.
The Elantra was also caught undisguised in Chennai leading us to believe that the launch was only a few weeks away.
Hyundai India is ready with post-launch plans to sell the new Elantra to India. Now we will do a quick round up of the new Elantra's variants and prices.
Hyundai Elantra comes in the form of 3 petrol variants
- VTVT S - 12.51 lakhs
- VTVT SX - 13.74 lakhs
- VTVT SX AT - 14.74 lakhs
Hyundai Elantra also comes in the form of four diesel variants
- CRDi 1.6 - 12.91 lakhs
- CRDi S - 13.64 lakhs
- CRDi SX - 14.85 lakhs
- CRDi SX AT - 15.85 lakhs
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
Facets of the Hyundai Elantra for India
- The petrol variant will use a 1.8L DOHC engine that produces 147.5hp @ 6,500 rpm and 177 Nm @ 4,700 rpm.
- The diesel variant will be powered by a 1.6L CRDI with VGT that produces 126.2 hp @ 4,000 rpm and 259Nm @ 2,750 rpm. Yes, its the same engine used on the Verna.
- Engines will be mated to either a 6 speed manual or a 6 speed automatic transmission.
- The Elantra will be available in 6 colors – black, silver, white, bronze, red and blue.
- The car will get two-tone cocoa black and beige interiors.
The Hyundai Elantra is now back like a phoenix to compete with the Chevrolet Cruze, Skoda Laura and Toyota Corolla for the place of the segment leader. What are your thoughts on this launch?
Hyundai Elantra Brochure
[can't see the brochure above? Head over to our Issuu page]