BMW India has just confirmed the launch of the new BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe for India on the 8th of November.
Mr. Philipp von Sahr, President, BMW Group India attends his first national press conference in India and we're also going to hear from him on what the future looks like from the product and investments perspective.
The Gran Coupe was spotted on Delhi roads a few weeks back, leaving a hint that the launch date was approaching.
The Gran Coupe is a 6 Series with four doors, sporting an extended wheelbase of 113 millimeters, with a boot space of 460 litres. It competes with the Mercedes CLS Class and the Audi A7. The volume projections from this model will not give BMW a clear lead over Audi, but launches are not always about volumes. The brand strength and appeal of the 6 Series gets better with the availability of the more practical four door coupe.
BMW India has already launched the convertible and coupe version in two-door form last year, in petrol and diesel variants.
Features on the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe in Europe
- Six-cylinder petrol that makes 320 hp, paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Straight six-cylinder diesel in the BMW 640d variant that puts out 313 hp.
- Xenon headlights, and optional Adaptive LED headlights.
- Two-zone air conditioning, leather upholstery and electric seat adjustment with memory function.
- Bang & Olufsen Surround Sound System.
We're going to have to wait and see what the prices are and how many cars BMW India eventually sells.