BMW's most powerful SUV yet - The G-POWER TYPHOON has just arrived. With its wider stance and greater 'Umph', it is the most potent contender to the Porsche Cayenne Mansory 955 that we saw earlier. G-Power made its mark on us when it tuned the BMW M5 to make it the fastest sedan you can buy right now.
BMW G-Power X5 Typhoon Features
- 525- Bhp / 386-kW G-POWER SK III eight-cylinder supercharged engine with a top speed of 275 km/h
- Muscular fender flares and strikingly styled aprons and spoilers front and back - designed for maximum aerodynamic efficiency
- The TYPHOON components are manufactured in OEM quality from PUR-R-Rim plastics.
- Fender flares on front and rear axle add seven centimeters(on either side) to X5's width
- The largest version features G-POWER Silverstone Forged Edition forged wheels in size 11Jx23 in front and in size 12Jx23 on the rear axle.
- High-performance tires in size 315/25 ZR 23 front and back from development partner Michelin provide optimal traction and sporty handling.
- Large air ducts improve the vehicle’s passing clout, they also optimize cooling of engine and front brakes.
- Its sophisticated shape also reduces aerodynamic lift on the front axle.
- The rear appearance is characterized by the two tailpipes of the stainless-steel G-POWER sport rear muffler, each measuring 114 mm in diameter, and by the rear diffuser.
- Five blue LED lights integrated into the undersides, which are activated by the vehicle’s keyless fob or by pulling on a door handle. They illuminate the ground on either side of the vehicle.
- The tops of the rocker panels feature integrated stainless-steel inserts with blue illuminated G-POWER logo.
- G-POWER TYPHOON kit starting at 14,500 Euros, is the four-piece under body paneling.
- The G-POWER SK III compressor system increases power output of the 4.8-liter engine by 170 hp / 125 kW to 525 hp / 386 kW at 6,100 rpm and boosts peak torque to 600 Nm at 5,300 rpm, up from 475 Nm.
- High-performance exhaust with racing catalysts and rear muffler comprise the engine peripherals.
- Acceleration 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.2 seconds and reaches the 200-km/h mark in 18.4 seconds.
- Top speed is 275 km/h.
- Ergonomically shaped sport steering wheel, a TYPHOON-design speedometer and a number of sporty aluminum accessories.
- More customized interior available with exclusive leather and Alcantara interiors in any color imaginable.
- The body conversion components and the tools developed using the latest CAD technologies
- The entire base car was scanned in-house using a 3D scanner.
BMW G-Power X5 Typhoon Image Slideshow
can't view images above? Wait for a while, or head to the BMW G-Power Typhoon Image gallery