Tata Motors will launch a new hatchback and compact sedan this year that you know as the 'Falcon'.
However new variants of the Vista will also run alongside them. IAB reader Manan Reddy has spotted one today, the Tata Vista Tech, testing in Shivaji Nagar, Pune.
The Vista Tech is the replacement to the Vista D90 launched in early 2013. Sporting an uprated VGT-equipped 1.3L engine that produced 90 PS, the Manza's cabin (instrument cluster on the driver-side) and a sporty body kit, customer response to the hot Vista D90 was anything but hot.
The Vista Tech variant retains the D90's equipment but dials back to the original engine specification of 75 PS and 190 Nm from the FGT-equipped 1.3L Quadrajet engine.
Body changes on the feature-packed Tata Vista Tech are concentrated around the daylight opening (observe the 'Tech' badge and graphics) and a logo on the bootlid.
Tata Vista Tech Features
- Best in class rear legroom, head room and shoulder room
- 6.7-inch touchscreen multimedia system with GPS, audio-video, Bluetooth, AUX, USB and DVD capabilities
- Rear charging socket
- Auto climate control system
- Manza's dashboard with instrument cluster located ahead of the driver
- Driver information system borrowed from Manza
- ABS with EBD
- Dual front Airbags
We should get an official word on the Tech's prices at the launch, which we reckon will happen anytime now.