Tata Motors was on a roll at the Auto Expo 2014. The company showed a bagful of products, from ready-for-production vehicles to concept cars that could soon make their way on road.
Ranjit Yadav, President - Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, said that the lack of new products have hurt the company which aims to be a podium finisher in the Indian passenger car market.
He further added that no new models were introduced in segments which have been huge volume players (the compact SUV segment and compact sedan segment) in the last 3-4 years; this is going to change in the future. Mr. Yadav did not reveal whether these new cars would be on brand new platforms or on existing platforms.
Starting this year, Tata Motors will launch the Bolt and Zest in the second half of 2014. The Nexon concept which showcases the company’s upcoming compact sports utility vehicle, will be commercialized in the next 24 months.
Tata Motors also showcased a futuristic concept vehicle called the ConnectNext, which gives a glimpse of what we can expect in the years to come in terms of Cloud Connectivity and in-car-entertainment.
Some interesting concept cars showcased by Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2014 were:
- Tata Nano Twist Active Concept - features new look with the most awaited feature – an openable tailgate.
- Nano Twist F-Tronic Concept – The Nano Twist with F-Tronic - an Automated Manual Transmission with a Mechatronic Unit.
- ADD Venture Concept - A concept aimed at the “young, fun loving, technology-driven, active" customer.
- Sumo Extreme Concept - An off-roader concept with a muscular stance.
- Safari Storme Ladakh Concept - A concept that delivers an adventurous off-road driving experience with the frills of high tech modern features.
Tata Nexon Concept - Official Image Gallery
[Source -Economic Times]