The BMW X1 brought to the local dealership to act as a show piece
Thanks to our reader from Chennai V.Swaroop who was passing by a BMW dealership with eagle eyes, we're able to bring you the first picture of the BMW X1 at a local dealership. The BMW X1 we're told is slated for a year end launch but few cars have reached dealerships apparently for secret display to exclusive customers and help in the product training to sales and service personnel.
The BMW X1 will be locally assembled bringing down the final cost. Expected to be priced at around 25 lakh rupees, the X1 is looking good to displace the Toyota Fortuner from the numero uno spot in that category.
BMW X1 xDrive20d specifications:
* Four-cylinder diesel engine with all-aluminium crankcase,
* variable intake geometry turbocharger and common rail direct fuel injection
* Capacity: 1995cc
* Max output: 177PS at 4000rpm
* Max torque: 350Nm from 1750 – 3000rpm
* Acceleration 0-100km/h: 8.4 s
* Top speed: 205 km/h