After launching the Mercedes A45 AMG at the Geneva Motor Show, Mercedes Benz has just unveiled the CLA 45 AMG at the ongoing New York Auto Show.
The CLA 45 is the go-faster version of the CLA 4-door coupe Mercedes had launched at the Detroit Motor Show. This is what you need to know about the CLA45:
- Power comes from a 2.0-liter 4 cylinder turbocharged direct injection petrol motor
- This is the world's most powerful 2.0-liter engine
- One person single handedly builds the engine in true AMG style
- Produces 360bhp of power
- Maximum torque of 450Nm
- Dual clutch 7-speed transmission with three driving modes
- Power sent to all four wheels via the Mercedes 4MATIC system
- 18 inch wheels with 235/40 R 18 tyres
- The CLA45 does the 0-100 km/h sprint in a scant 4.5 seconds
- Top speed is limited to 250 kph
- Aerodynamic front and rear bumpers with carbon fiber trims
- AMG sport steering wheel and gear lever
- Interiors get some carbon fiber trims as well
- Engine complies to the Euro 6 standards
- Three stage ESP with Curve Dynamic Assist
The CLA 45 AMG will be launched in July 2013 and deliveries will begin in September. Prices will begin at 56, 078 euros (38.8 lakh rupees).
With the addition of the CLA45 AMG, the performance enthusiasts have something to look forward to in the beautiful CLA Class.