The new Mercedes E-Class has shown the competition its mettle; new variants add variety
Mercedes Benz India launched two more variants to its E-Class lineup – E 250 V6 and the E250 CDI Blue Efficiency here in Mumbai yesterday. The E250 V6 is priced at 41.13lakhs Ex-Showroom Mumbai and the E250 CDI at 39.87lakhs Ex-Showroom Mumbai.
Dr Wilfried Aulbur MD and CEO Mercedes Benz India Limited speaking on the occasion mentioned that the E class has been a runaway success here and the they has managed to sell a healthy number of 450 cars already to customers. Dr.Aulbur also highlighted that the new E-Class has won many prestigious auto awards from publications.
The E250 V6 delivers 204 hp with 245nm of torque while the E250 CDI churns out 201 hp and has a very healthy torque of 500nm.
Mercedes-Benz E 250 V6 and Mercedes-Benz E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY
* The New E-Class has been hailed as the 'Best Premium Luxury Automobile of the year' in India at the NDTV-CAR Awards 2010, CNBC-Overdrive Awards 2010, ET - ZigWheels awards and lastly the UTVi - Autocar Awards 2010. The E-Class also won the 'Green Steering Award' at the AutoBild Awards 2010.
* The E 250 V6 priced at Rs. 41.13 Lakhs Ex-showroom Mumbai is introduced in the Elegance styling
* The E 250CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (BE) offers the best output in its class; it is introduced in Elegance styling and priced at Rs. 39.87 Lakhs Ex-showroom Mumbai
Mumbai - Mercedes-Benz India today widened the portfolio of its popular E-Class model series with introduction of two new engines: the E 250 V6 and the E 250 CDI (BE). Both variants are introduced in the popular “Elegance” styling line.
“We have continued the aggressive price position of the New E-Class with the debutante models: the E 250 V6 is priced at Rs. 41.13 Lakhs while the E 250CDI (BE) costs Rs. 39.87 Lakhs Ex-showroom Mumbai. Our endeavor is offer the best value for money to our discerning E-Class customers” commented Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
The New E-Class has been a runaway success since its India debut in September 2009. In the last quarter itself, over 450 units of E 350 and E 350 CDI have been sold in top-of-the-line Avantgarde styling.
The New E-Class has also won critical acclaim for its driving dynamics, performance, aggressive looks and environmental compatibility: it has been hailed as the 'Best Premium Luxury Automobile of the year' in India at the NDTV-CAR Awards 2010, CNBC-Overdrive Awards 2010, ET - ZigWheels awards and lastly the UTVi - Autocar Awards 2010. The E-Class also won the 'Green Steering Award' at AutoBild Awards 2010.
* E 250 V6: Powered by the 6-cylinder 2497cc engine, the E 250 V6 delivers an output of 204 hp with 245Nm of torque with top speed regulated at 250 kmph. It is equipped with the 7G-TRONIC transmission and the new-design 17” alloys further add to the aggressive looks of the E 250 V6
* E 250 CDI: Powered by 4-in-line 2143 cc engine, the E 250 CDI delivers a gut-wrenching 500 Nm torque in as low as 1600-1800rpm and offers an output of 201 hp. These impressive statistics make E 250 CDI the class leader in terms of performance and driving dynamics.
For more than 50 years, the saloons in the E-Class and their predecessors have been acknowledged as trendsetters in the arena of luxury, safety and driving dynamics. Continuing this tradition with an unrivalled combination of the latest in technology assistance, the New E 250 V6 and E 250 CDI also features the distinctive technologies of the New E-Class: like drowsiness detection system - ATTENTION ASSIST, LED daytime lighting, Intelligent Lighting System, Advanced Parking Guidance, etc., that make the E-Class a “Thinking Partner”. These features can not only see, feel, and respond to dangers by means of its “reflexes,” but also act independently to prevent accidents or minimize their effects.
The New E-Class showcases the dynamic and passionate genes of the Mercedes-Benz brand, clearly evident from the very first glimpse highlighted most noticeably by the re-designed twin headlamps. Other distinct features include - an arrow shaped bonnet featuring three louvers and chrome surround, sporty rear bumper adding to a sense of width & attractively styled 17” light alloy wheels accentuating the muscular appeal of the new E-Class. Great looks, appealing functionality and great features- the New E-Class has it all.