The Swift will not get LED daytime running lights in India.
Maruti, through its 1,370 sales outlets, has started accepting bookings for the updated Maruti Swift which launches by end of this month. Following are the list of changes that will be seen on the hatchback, as reported by our sources.
- All variants will get driver seat height adjustment
- VXi/VDi get an integrated music system with 4 speakers
- Power folding wing mirrors for V and Z trims
- Foglight enclosures of V and Z trims get silver L-shaped elements. The Swift will not get LED daytime running lights like the international model
- Top-end ZXi/ZDi get reverse parking sensors, Bluetooth, and engine starter button
The Swift will also see minor mechanical changes. Sources say that engineers have made tweaks to the power and torque outputs of the car to extract higher fuel efficiency. The Swift currently delivers an ARAI rated efficiency of 18.6 km/l (petrol) and 22.9 km/l (diesel). Expect the newer model to better these figures by a small margin. However, the hardware - 1.2L K Series petrol and 1.3L DDiS diesel - will be the same.
The updated Swift is expected to be accompanied by a slight increase in prices.
Competitors: Hyundai Elite i20, VW Polo, Honda Jazz, Tata Bolt
Expected Price: INR 4.5-7 lakhs, ex-showroom
Launch Date: In the coming days