The fight for supremacy in compact sedan segment has been intensified with the launch of the Honda Amaze. This segment is dominated by Maruti Suzuki DZire and the kingpin wants to show the new boy who’s the big daddy.
Maruti Suzuki has launched a special edition DZire Regal in India priced at Rs. 5.6 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). While the automaker claims that the DZire Regal has been launched to “celebrate the fifth anniversary of DZire in India”, we all know that it is actually a full-fledged attack on the Honda Amaze.
The DZire Regal can only be availed in the VXi trim which is powered by 1.2 petrol VVT engine. Maruti has loaded the DZire Regal with some interesting accessories such as –
Exterior accessories -
- Chrome body side graphics with a Regal badge
- Silver garnish on the upper & lower grille and fog lamps surround
- Silver painted ORVMS
- Reverse parking sensor with digital display
- Body colored mud flaps
- New ‘Serene Blue’ paint shade
Interiors accessories -
- Leather steering wheel cover
- Art leather sear covers
- Integrated advanced audio system with tweeters and audio volume control taken from the ZXi variant of the DZire
- Wooden finish interior door armrest
- Stainless steel door sill guards
- Two leather wrapped cushions
- Beige floor mats
- Premium car perfume
We were hoping that the DZire Regal would also be endowed with the touch screen navigation from the recently launched SX4 facelift. Unfortunately, Maruti Suzuki has disappointed on that front.
We will have to wait and see how much impact will the Amaze have on DZire's sales figures in the coming months. Our guesses are that the impact would be quite significant.