Maruti Suzuki has unwrapped the facelifted Ritz yesterday at the starting price of 5.31 lakh ex showroom Delhi. The twist in the story is that the facelifted Ritz is only available in a diesel avatar.
What are the changes?
Maruti claims that there are 52 changes in the Ritz. However, most of the changes are mainly cosmetic.
The changes to the exterior include:
- New front bumper
- New grille
- Redesigned fog lamp housing
- Body side moulding
- Electrically adjustable rear view mirrors
- Rear spoiler
- New alloy wheel design
- There new colors to the family - breeze blue, mystique red and granite grey
Changes to the interior include:
- New audio system with USB
- Day and night inside rear view mirror
- Improved rear seating
- Multi-information display MID
- Steering mounted controls
- Dual front airbags
Changes to the mechanicals include:
The Maruti Ritz facelift will be powered 1.3-litre DDiS engine which produces 75PS @ 4000 rpm and 190 Nm of torque at 2000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5 speed manual.
The automaker has managed to squeezed 23.2 kilometers per every liter of diesel by reducing the friction in the engine and optimizing calibration of the motor. Sadly, there was no mention of a much awaited automatic variant.
What are the prices?
The ex-showroom New Delhi prices are -
- New Ritz LDi – Rs. 5.31 lakhs
- New Ritz VDi – Rs. 5.64 lakhs
- New Ritz VDi (ABS) – Rs. 5.82 lakhs
- New Ritz ZDi – Rs. 6.23 lakhs
Stay tuned as we will get you some live images very shortly