Feature list remains unchanged.
Maruti Suzuki have increased prices of their premium hatchback, the Maruti Baleno, by INR 5,000-12,000, ex-Showroom. Aside from the base Sigma petrol variant (where the price increase is INR 12,000), the price increase is a constant INR 5,000.
Maruti Baleno Petrol:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma - INR 5.11 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta - INR 5.76 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Zeta - INR 6.36 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Alpha - INR 7.06 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta CVT - INR 6.81 lakhs
Maruti Baleno Diesel:
- Maruti Baleno Sigma - INR 6.21 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Delta - INR 6.86 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Zeta - INR 7.46 lakhs
- Maruti Baleno Alpha - INR 8.16 lakhs
Prices are ex-Showroom, New Delhi.
The Baleno was launched in October 2015, and as of December 2015, the car maker received over 40,000 bookings for the Hyundai Elite i20-rival. The Baleno is sold exclusively through Maruti's NEXA chain of outlets, which are around 95 in number, with a further 100 planned this year.
Buyers can opt between a 1.2-liter K-Series petrol engine or a 1.3-liter DDiS diesel engine on the Baleno. The former provides 84.3 PS and 115 Nm of torque, whereas the latter delivers 75 PS and 190 Nm of torque. While a 5-speed manual gearbox is available on both engines, a CVT is additionally available on the petrol.
Also read: Driver airbag optional on all variants of Maruti Alto and Maruti K10
Maruti has announced that it will showcase the Baleno RS at the Auto Expo 2016. The Baleno RS, apart from a range of visual modifications, is expected to be powered by the 1.0-liter BoosterJet turbocharged petrol engine.