We then featured the most accurate facelifted Verito's rendering on the web too.
Finally, the wait is over and we can show you the real deal. The facelifted Mahindra Verito will be called as Mahindra Verito Refresh.
Mahindra Verito Refresh launches later this week
The Mahindra Verito Refresh will be launched (national launch) in New Delhi on 26th of July. The event will be presided over by Mr.Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra. Following this event, the vehicle will be launched in Chennai on the
27th the same afternoon.
Final rounds of testing meanwhile continue..
A few days ago, our good friend Gokulraj, the founder of ZapStore.com, caught the Verito fully camouflaged, testing in Chennai. Gokul was quickly able to take a clear snap and informed us that the facelift's more just new colors and wheels.
But Indian Autos Blog has something more to show you today. Our regular reader Aniket mailed us the brochure of the Verito Refresh. Considering the launch is only a couple of days away, this will serve as a preview and provide us a good idea of what to expect.
We hereby present you the brochure of the Verito Refresh. Lets say you heard this first on IAB.
So what does the Mahindra Verito Refresh brochure tell us?
Lets start with the exterior
- Chrome plated front grille, which is largely influenced by Kia's front grille design (exactly like the design SRK showed you)
- The front fascia of the Verito is changed from a boxy to a rounder look, and appears very convincing.
- New eyebrow headlights
- New alloy wheel design
- Fog lamp is stylish and new
- Roof rails and blackened pillars add some panache to the otherwise plain side profile
- Rear has changed massively with a new sculpted boot lid
- Clear lens tail lamps are new
- Rear chrome applique is crisp
- Lip spoiler pumps up the sportiness quotient - purely from a visual enhancement perspective
Customers get 8 body colour choice - Twilight Blue, Fiery Black, Java Brown, Mist Silver, Toreador Red, Rocky Beige, Diamond White, Dolphin Grey.
Mahindra Verito Refresh Interior
- Rear seat is spacious
- Grab and door handles are new
- Head restraints
- All-new upholstery
- Two-tone instrument panel
- Driver information system which gives the usual data with respect to fuel and distance
- 2 DIN music system with CD/MP3/AUX/USB
- New center console that houses Variometric AC with ergonomic controls
Note that some of the features have been carried forward from the older Verito.
Anything on the Verito Refresh's Engines?
Mechanically, the Verito Refresh comes with two engine choices from Renault, which have stayed pretty much the same from the Logan days.
- 1.4 litre MPFI, Petrol engine that produces 75hp@5,500rpm and 110Nm@3,000rpm.
- 1.5 litre dCi diesel mill that gives 65hp@4,000rpm and 160Nm@2,000rpm
According to brochure, the diesel engine gives a mileage of 21.03 km/l approved by ARAI.
The Verito Refresh comes in five variants G2/D2,G4/D4, D6, where G means Gasoline and D means Diesel. The numbers correspond to the rising trim level.
In the D6 i.e top-end variant, one gets circular knit fabric upholstery, ashtray & cigarette lighter, silver AC vent outer ring, alloy wheels, front fog lamps with clear lens, chrome plated roof rails, Body colored side-claddings, chrome rear applique, ABS with EBD, side impact beams, Airbag for driver and door-open warning light on Instrument cluster.
One thing is clear, Mahindra wanted to shed most resemblances of the Verito with the Renault Logan, without a comprehensive reskinnign or design operation (that would run into millions of dollars) and also slowly nix the taxicab tag that's being slapped onto it.
We are happy to report that Mahindra has succeeded in giving the Verito a fresh lease of life, and a bit of class too!
Mahindra Verito Refresh Gallery
[Brochure sent in by reader Aniket; Spyshot captured by Gokulraj of ZapStore.com]