Kia entered the Indian market with the Seltos on 22 August this year. The Seltos instantly become one of the most popular SUVs of its segment with over 6,200 units sold within just 8 days of its launch. By now, the company has received over 50,000 bookings which is a huge feat in itself.
The attractive pricing and the smart exterior design has a lot to do with Kia Seltos's success story in India. Its starting price (INR 9.69 lakh*) is just INR 9,000 higher than the Hyundai Creta's (INR 9.60 lakh*). Kia Motors India has already planned to ramp up the production at its Anantpur plant by starting a second shift at the factory. From sporty exteriors to sophisticated interiors, and then the spot-on pricing, the company has left no stones unturned to make sure that all the chips fall into the right places.
The Kia Seltos is sold in two styles - Tech Line and GT Line. The former is available in E, K, K+, X and X+ trims and the latter is available in K, X and X+ trims. The key comfort and convenience features of the Seltos include, electric sunroof, 2-step reclining rear seats, ventilated front seats along with power adjustment for the driver seat, 10.25-inch HD touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, embedded navigation, split-screen function and UVO connected vehicle technologies, 7-inch driver information display and first-in-segment 8-inch head-up display.
Kia Seltos - Mechanical Configurations
- 1.5L naturally aspirated petrol engine (115 PS/144 Nm), 6-speed MT, FWD, 16.4 km/l
- 1.5L naturally aspirated petrol engine (115 PS/144 Nm), CVT, FWD, 16.3 km/l
- 1.5L turbocharged diesel engine (115 PS/250 Nm), 6-speed MT, FWD, 20.8 km/l
- 1.5L turbocharged diesel engine (115 PS/250 Nm), 6-speed AT, FWD, 17.8 km/l
- 1.4L turbocharged petrol engine (140 PS/242 Nm), 6-speed MT, FWD, 16.1 km/l
- 1.4L turbocharged petrol engine (140 PS/242 Nm), 7-speed DCT, FWD, 16.2 km/l