India Kawasaki Motors has extended the colour palette for its litre-class supersport motorcycle, the ZX-10R, which retails at INR 13,99,000 (ex-showroom-Delhi). With the addition of the new colour, the bike can now select from two choices - Lime Green/Ebony along with KRT edition. The new colour option doesn't command a premium, and the deliveries of the units specified in it will start in October 2019.
The new option retains the KRT edition graphics, although the ZX-10R branding on the fairing comes in a golden colour. The honeycomb graphics and the stripes feature a similar shade. A similar graphic theme is seen on the 2020 Ninja 250. The Ninja ZX-10R is a locally assembled model irrespective of the colour option selected. Its styling will likely be revised along with the introduction of a Euro-V/BS-VI compliant motor in 2020.
The motorcycle continues to draw power from a track-focused 998 cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC engine that delivers 203 PS of maximum power (213 PS with RAM air), which is 3 PS higher than its predecessor. The peak torque of 114.9 Nm comes at 11,200 rpm. The motor is tuned to offer a linear power delivery right to its peak power. For reference, the previous model delivered 200 PS (210 PS with RAM air) at 13,000 rpm.
The feature list includes a single 220 mm disc at the back with a single-piston calliper, 330 mm discs at the front with dual Brembo M50 monobloc callipers, specially prepared radial-pump master cylinder, steel-braided lines, 43 mm inverted Balance Free Front Fork, horizontal back-link with BFRC lite gas-charged rear shock and specially developed Öhlins electronic steering damper. The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R features a single-seat setup.
New Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R feature list at a glance:
- Finger follower valve actuation (Valve train designed by Kawasaki’s World Superbike engineers)
- DLC (Diamond-like Carbon coating) on finger-follower
- Cylinder head ready for High Lift Cam
- Red painted cylinder headcover
- KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter-Dual Direction)
- S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control)
- KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode)
- KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function)
- Electronic throttle valves
- Kawasaki Engine Brake control
- Power mode selection (3 modes)
- KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System)
- Aluminium Twin-spar Frame
- Aluminium Swingarm
- High-performance BREMBO Brake system
- SHOWA BFFF/BFRC (Balance Free Front Fork / Balance Free Rear Cushion)
- Öhlins electronic steering damper.
- Single seater for Indian Market