Just when we thought that the build up to the unveiling of 2013 Skoda Octavia was over, we stumbled upon the leaked images of the new Skoda Octavia RS!
The Skoda Octavia's lineup is clearly incomplete without the RS performance version and Skoda has promised to unveil the car later, in 2013.
However, Skoda included the low resolution images of the Octavia RS in the car configurator software on their website either accidentally or to perform a software test on the configurator. Though the company was quick to remove it, those few minutes were enough for the roving eyes on the internet to capture it.
Visual features of the 2013 Skoda Octavia RS
- Sporty front bumper which sports split lower airdam and fog lamp enclosures with honeycomb mesh
- Daytime running lights in the place of fog lamps
- vRS badge in the front grill
- 18" alloy wheels
- Specially designed ORVMs with glossy black finish
- Black molding at the bottom of the doors
- Two quadrilateral exhaust tips, one at each end
- Rear spoiler
The Skoda Octavia RS is expected to get the 2.0 litre direction injection petrol motor used by the Golf GTi which produces around 220 bhp. A 2.0 turbo diesel engine which generates power in the range of 170-180 bhp is also in the cards.
The Skoda Octavia RS is expected to be officially unveiled next year just before the New Octavia goes on sale.