Hyundai launched its smallest car in the world, the Eon here in Delhi today. Organized at the country’s best indoor theater, Kingdom Of Dreams, the event was an extravagent affair thought it marked the entry of the least expensive vehicle in the global Hyundai stable.
Here are the pointers from the event.
- The EON has been conceptualized, designed and tailor made for India.
- Hyundai says with the launch of the EON, the era of compromise in terms of quality, space, features, performance and functionality in a compact hatchback will end.
- Four years and 900 crore rupees have been invested in the development of the EON and more than 1,000 engineers have worked on the project.
- Hyundai is having a great time globally and is a formidable force in every market it is present in. Brand value is reaching new heights with the launch of every new product.
- The design concept keyword for the EON is DYNAMIC FLOW which shows movement, balance, aesthetics and functionality.
- The design keyword for the interiors is EMOTIONAL STRUCTURE where Indian feelings and beliefs have been given top priority, example, a special flat surface on the top of the dashboard to place a sculpture of a deity.
- Customers demand high mileage, good performance and style in a compact hatchback - this influenced Hyundai to create the EON.
- The car’s overall design is very sporty and includes elements like half moon shape tail lamps and swept back sporty headlamps.
- Since 1st of October when the bookings began, 25,000 SMS’s have been received.
- No plans of exporting the EON to any other country exist as of now, the company is concentrating entirely on India
Hyundai Eon Image Gallery - Takes a few seconds to load
Can't see the images above? Head to the Hyundai Eon Live Images page to view directly