The Ingenium diesel engine has been added to the 2016 model range.
The entry-level 2016 Jaguar XF will be costlier by AUD 6,000 (INR 2,78,138) when it comes to the Australian market in early 2016, reports Motoring. The base variant will be the Prestige 20d that is priced at AUD 82,800 before taxes (INR 38,38,313).
Jaguar Australia says that the price increase is worth it as the Prestige 20d offers much better levels of performance, refinement and features. The new XF, as claimed by Jaguar, is 190 kg lighter and 28 per cent stiffer than the previous version. It gains 15 mm extra legroom at the back of the cabin despite being 7 mm shorter than the original XF. The car rides on 18-inch wheels and sports Xenon headlamps with LED DRLs.
Interiors get gloss black veeners, mood lighting and keyless entry and start. The additional features seen on the 2016 model are tyre pressure monitoring system, power folding mirrors, Taurus leather for the seats and steering as well as 10-way electric adjustment for the driver and front passenger seat with four-way electric lumbar support. Another major gain is in the form of the 8.0-inch InControl touch infotainment system and a 380 Watt Meridian sound system with 11 speakers and a sub-woofer.
The previous engines will be carried over but a new 2.0-liter turbocharged diesel is added. This unit is from the newly-developed Ingenium range that produces 132 kW (177 hp) and is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Lane departure warning, autonomous emergency braking and parallel and bay park assist with parking exit program come standard. Jaguar’s All-Surface Progress Control also comes with the new XF and offers automated throttle and brake operation to provide better control over low-grip surfaces, thus giving the driver the task of only maneuvering the car.
The price of the entire lineup is below:
2016 Jaguar XF Australian price list (all prices plus ORCS)
- Prestige 20d (177kW 2.0 Ingenium Diesel) - $82,800 (INR 38,38,313)
- Portfolio 25t (177kW 2.0 Petrol) - $97,800 (INR 45,33,660)
- Portfolio 35t (250kW V6 Supercharged Petrol) - $112,800 (INR 52,29,006)
- R-Sport 20d (132kW 2.0 Ingenium Diesel) - $88,800 (INR 41,16,452)
- R-Sport 25t (177kW 2.0 Petrol) - $89,800 (INR 41,62,808)
- R-Sport 35t (250kW 3.0 V6 Supercharged Petrol) - $104,800 (INR 48,58,155)
- S (221kW 3.0 V6 Diesel) - $120,700 (INR 55,95,222)
- S (280kW 3.0 V6 Supercharged Petrol) - $128,200 (INR 59,42,895)