We have been tracking the 2014 BMW X5 since the first test mule was spotted on The Ring.
[Can't see the video above? Head to Youtube]
We have already done a comprehensive product deep dive for your reading pleasure. Some more information has trickled our way.
Thanks to BimmerPost, here we have a video of the BMW X5 M taking the sharp corners of the Nürburgring race track. Here are some details of the model in question –
- The BMW X5 (codenamed F15) will be longer than the current generation model with exterior design influenced from the new BMW 3 Series.
- The BMW X5 M will carry some distinctive M elements such as the quad M exhausts, the active differential, and blue brake calipers.
- The brakes of the BMW X5 M will feature drilled rotors for the first time.
- The front features a very aggressive fascia thanks to the huge air intakes, sharper front and rear bumpers and bigger rims.
- It will feature a lot of weight saving technologies, a lesson learnt from the new BMW 5 Series.
- BMW X5 M will get specially tuned sports suspension along with a high-performance grippy tires.
- Under the bonnet, one will find a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 that puts out 547 hp and 680 Nm of Torque. BMW says that the new engine features larger charge-air coolers, an optimized Valvetronic valve timing, a new cylinder head and a wet sump with an additional oil pump.
- The engine is mated to a 7-Speed M-Double Clutch Transmission and an innovative Active M Differential.
- A standard 0-100 km/hr sprint should happen in under 4 seconds.
- We could also see the new iDrive Touch Controller and the a pedestrian airbag system on the X5 M
As the new BMW X5 is schedule to hit the stands in late 2013, one could expect the BMW X5 M in late 2013 or early 2014.
[Source - xBimmers.com]