The BMW X1, so far, has had an unchallenged run in the Indian market. But the first challenger is all set to invade the Indian shores.
The Audi Q3 is ready to be unleashed in June of this year. In another part of the world where the Q3 is already on sale, upping the ante is essential to stay ahead of rivals. Audi China will reveal a concept version of the Q3 - touted as the Audi Q3 RS - at the Beijing Auto Show next week.
How is the Audi Q3 RS Concept different from normal Audi Q3?
The Audi Q3 RS Concept is a top-of-the-line hotter version of the Q3. It features a number of exterior, interior and mechanical changes to make sure it can smoke the streets when asked.
The Q3 RS Concept features:
- Single frame grille
- Large air intakes
- Tinted headlights
- Redesigned bumper with integrated rear diffuser and tail pipes
- Glass sunroof
- Twenty-inch wheels shod with 255/30 rubber
- Cool blue paint job
- Fine Nappa leather teams up with Alcantara to cover the seats
- Q3 RS badges can be found on the instrument cluster, seat-backs, door sill plates, and floor mats.
- Strands of blue luminescent fibers into its carbon-fiber trim on the inside
- Unique tachometer with Chinese numerals.
- Power comes from 2.5-liter, five-cylinder, TSI engine with 360 PS
- Permanent Quattro all-wheel drive
- A seven-speed S-Tronic gearbox
- The Concept Q3 RS can sprint from 0-100kph (0-62mph) in 5.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 265 kph.
Impressed? Hold your horses. This is still a concept with no indications of a production version in sight.