At the 2013 Auto Shanghai, Audi has something we're very interested in. We're talking about the all new Audi A3 Sedan, which happens to be the booted version of the A3 supermini.
The Audi A3 Sedan is important from the Indian perspective as it is most certainly destined for India. The A3 Sedan will be the affordable luxury car from Team Ingolstadt to ward off the competition from the Merc A/B/CLA Class and the BMW 1 Series, not to mention the Volvo V40 Cross Country.
The Audi A3 Sedan can be summarized as below:
- The A3 Sedan measures in at 4.46 meters bumper-to-bumper
- Wheelbase at 2.64 meters and width of 1.8 meters ensures it is 11mm wider than the A3 Sportback
- Kerb weight from 1250kg upwards depending on the engine you choose
- Boot space pegged at 425 liters
- Engine options: 2.0-liter TDI producing 150bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. Does 0-100km/h in 8.7 seconds and ensures 4.1l/100km (25km/l). Honda Amaze are you listening?
- Base engine is a 1.4 TFSI petrol with 140bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. 0-100km/h in 8.4 seconds and 4.7l/100km (21.27 km/l)
- Range topper is a 1.8 TFSI with 180bhp and 250Nm of torque. 0-100km/h in 7.3 seconds while doing 5.6l/100km (17.85km/l)
- Transmission options include 6-speed manual or 7-speed S-Tronic gearbox
- 7-inch MMI interface for controlling various settings apart from Music and Navigation
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Pre-Sense safety works up to 30km/h
- Pricing for the 1.4 TFSI starts from 25,000 Euros (INR 17.45 lakhs)
Stay tuned to Indian Autos Blog to know more about the A3 Sedan!