The 2019 BMW 3 Series is celebrating its world premiere at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. Here are the live images of the new edition of the luxury mid-size car.
The all-new BMW 3 Series is the seventh generation of the world’s biggest-selling premium car. The latest model builds upon the sporting tradition with a sleeker and sharper design that uses a combination of precisely drawn lines and strikingly contoured surfaces. The car looks more daring than ever before. Underpinned by the CLAR platform, it is now up to 55 kg lighter than its predecessor.
Measuring 4,709 mm in length, 1,827 mm in width and 1,442 mm in height, the seventh-gen BMW 3 Series Sedan is 76 mm longer, 16 mm wider and 1 mm taller than its predecessor. It has a 41-mm longer wheelbase (2,851 mm). The increased dimensions have resulted in a notable increment in the shoulder room in the front of the cabin, more legroom in the rear of the cabin and an increased headroom for all occupants. The all-new model offers 480 litres of boot space, which is an improvement of 36 litres.
Adaptive LED twin headlights with BMW Laserlight high-beam and blue, L-shaped accents, LED front fog lamps, 19-inch wheels and slim, L-shaped rear lights are some of the exterior highlights of the 2019 BMW 3 Series. Salient features of the car’s interior include 12.3-inch fully digital instrument cluster, 10.25-inch central display, configurable LED ambient lighting (six colours) and 16-speaker, 464-watt, Harman Kardon surround sound system.
Model variants at launch:
- BMW 320i - 2.0-litre petrol engine (184 PS/300 Nm), 8-speed Steptronic AT, RWD
- BMW 330i - 2.0-litre petrol engine (258 PS/400 Nm), 8-speed Steptronic AT, RWD
- BMW 318d - 2.0-litre diesel engine (150 PS/320 Nm), 6-speed MT, RWD
- BMW 320d - 2.0-litre diesel engine (190 PS/400 Nm), 6-speed MT/8-speed Steptronic AT, RWD
- BMW 320d xDrive - 2.0-litre diesel engine (190 PS/400 Nm), 8-speed Steptronic AT, xDrive AWD
- BMW 330d - 3.0-litre diesel engine (265 PS/580 Nm), 8-speed Steptronic AT, RWD
Model variants arriving later (Summer 2019):
- BMW M340i xDrive - 3.0-litre petrol engine (374 PS/500 Nm), 8-speed Steptronic AT, xDrive AWD
- BMW 330e - 2.0-litre petrol engine combined with electric motor (252 PS or 292 PS with ‘XtraBoost mode’), 8-speed Steptronic AT, RWD, up to 60 km (provisional) pure electric range
The 2019 BMW 3 Series will go on sale in Europe on 9 March 2019. There’s no word on its Indian launch timeline yet, but the local testing has commenced.