Sixth-gen VW Polo's adventure variant imagined.
With the sixth generation VW Polo out, automotive illustrators are putting it through digital software to render derivations. Of them is the all-new VW Cross Polo by X-Tomi Design.
The illustrated 2018 VW Cross Polo gets black honeycomb grille, dark cladding around the lower body portion, front bumper with an underbody guard and silver roof rails. Volkswagen has not confirmed
Volkswagen has not confirmed renewal of the VW Cross Polo for the global market. With the VW T-Cross concept-based B-SUV arriving next year, the off-road-styled adventure variant could ride into the sunset when sales of the Polo Mk5 cease.
The 2017 VW Polo comes in Trendline, Comfortline and Highline grades and the Beats special edition model. Optional packages are in the form of R-Line, Black and Style. Atop the range is the GTI variant with the sportiest styling. Noteworthy features of the sixth-gen VW Polo are Full-LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, 18-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, LED tail lights, panoramic roof, second generation Active Info Display fully-digital instrument cluster, 8.0-inch glass-encased infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink, wireless charging and 300-watt Beats sound system. Availability of the features depend on the grade, optional package and variant.
The 2017 VW Polo comes with nine engine options in the following configurations:
- 48 kW (65 PS) 1.0-litre MPI Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 55 kW (75 PS) 1.0-litre MPI Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 70 kW (95 PS) 1.0-litre TSI Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 85 kW (115 PS) 1.0-litre TSI Petrol, 6-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 110 kW (150 PS) 1.5-litre TSI Evo Petrol, 6-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- [GTI-only] 147 kW (200 PS) 2.0-litre TSI Petrol, 6-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
- 66 kW (90 PS) 1.0-litre TGI CNG-Petrol, 5-speed manual transmission
- 59 kW (80 PS) 1.6-litre TDI Diesel, 5-speed manual transmission
- 70 kW (95 PS) 1.6-litre TDI Diesel, 5-speed manual transmission/7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission
Production of the 2017 VW Polo starts next month at the Volkswagen Navarra facility in Spain, where the sales of the all-new model commences in October 2017. IAB understands that there is no plan for the new Polo in India for another two years.
[Image Source: X-Tomi Design]