6 things to know about the Honda Cliq
Neelanjan Chakraborty, Motorcycle Nut, will ride, preferably race anything on two wheels!
The Honda Cliq, priced at INR 42,990, is the most affordable 110 cc automatic scooter.
The Honda Cliq was launched in India on June 20, 2017, as a new automatic scooter targeted towards the rural and semi-urban market. The scooter has been indigenously developed by Honda India’s research and development team for non-metros where Hero motorcycles and TVS mopeds are the preferred commuters and the Activa has had limited penetration.. That said, just like the Navi, exports at a later date cannot be ruled out.
Here’s a list of 6 things which you should know about the Honda Navi:
- The Honda Navi gets the same 109.19 cc air-cooled mill which does duty in the Honda Activa as well as the Honda Navi. Coupled to a CVT gearbox the engine is capable of producing 8 bhp of maximum power at 7,000 rpm and 8.94 Nm of peak torque at 5,500 rpm.
- The exhaust unit of the Honda Cliq bears similarity with the one seen in the Honda Navi. The headlamp and the indicators have been positioned in the front apron like the Honda Dio.
- Despite being an automatic scooter, the Honda Cliq gets a handlebar like a motorcycle. The analogue instrumentation includes a speedometer, odometer, indicators, fuel gauge and high beam light. The surrounding area of the instrumentation console gets the same pseudo carbon fibre finish.
- The Honda Cliq gets industry first block pattern tyres as standard which will help the scooter take on rough roads easily. Taking on entry level 100-110 cc motorcycles the Honda Cliq has been priced lower than many of its geared competition.
- Storage space has been generously provided in the Honda Cliq despite its small dimensions. The wide footboard will be helpful in storing luggage, but the lack of hooks is a disappointment. The 14-litre underseat storage can be used to keep a half-faced helmet and other knick-knacks while the USB charging point is a handy add-on. The optional luggage rack too is a nifty offering.
- With a kerb weight of 102 kg, the Honda Cliq is also 6 kg lighter than the Honda Activa 4G. The scooter will also return a fuel efficiency figure of around 60 km/l helping it have a range of around 200 km on a tank of fuel.
The Honda Cliq is manufactured at HMSI’s (Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd) Tapukara plant in Rajasthan and is at present on sale only in Rajasthan. Pan-India deliveries will begin by the festive season.