Will go on sale in Germany in Summer 2016.
Following its world premiere at the 2016 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the 2016 Audi A4 allroad quattro has made its European premiere at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show.
The relatively more offroad capable Audi A4 Avant measures 4,750 mm in length, 1,842 mm in width and 1,493 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,818 mm. The all-new A4 allroad quattro stands 23 mm taller and has a 34 mm higher ground clearance compared to the all-new A4 Avant.
It is for the first time that the A4 allroad quattro will be available with optional active suspension with damper control. The new generation model has lost up to 90 kg from the previous generation model.
Coming to the styling, the allroad quattro variant is characterised by a distinctive front bumper, model-specific air inlets, Singleframe grille featuring vertical chrome slats, black roof rails, selenite silver-finished underbody guard and rear bumper and flared wheel arches. The rear bumper and the flared wheel arches are finished in matte structure grey or the body colour.
If all this still doesn't tell one that it's the allroad quattro variant, there's an 'allroad' badge on the front fenders and the tailgate as well as on the front door sill trims. The exhaust system is either a single- or dual-branch system depending on the engine.
- 2.0 TFSI quattro with 185 kW (252 hp) and 370 Nm (272.9 lb-ft.) of torque
- 2.0 TDI quattro with 110 kW (150 hp) and 320 Nm (236.0 lb-ft.) of torque
- 2.0 TDI quattro with 120 kW (163 hp) and 400 Nm (295.0 lb-ft.) of torque
- 2.0 TDI quattro with 140 kW (190 hp) and 400 Nm (295.0 lb-ft.) of torque
- 3.0 TDI quattro with 160 kW (218 hp) and 400 Nm (295.0 lb-ft.) of torque
- 3.0 TDI quattro with 200 kW (272 hp) and 600 Nm (442.5 lb-ft.) of torque
Transmission choices include 6-speed manual, 7-speed S tronic and 8-speed tiptronic, and the latter is being offered for the first time in the Audi A4 allroad quattro, and will be available exclusively with the 200 kW (272 hp) 3.0-litre TDI engine.
The 2016 Audi A4 allroad quattro will go on sale in Germany and other markets in Europe in Summer 2016.