It’s performance Monday here at IAB. We have talked about the new BMW X5 M and the Mercedes C 63 AMG.
Now it is time to focus on the yet another super sedan from Stuttgart - the 2014 Mercedes E 63 AMG.
We all know that there is a new Mercedes E Class just round the corner. So inevitably there will also be new E63 AMG super sedan for the petrolheads. Here are a few details that we have managed to procure so far.
2014 Mercedes E 63 AMG details
- The new E 63 AMG is theoretically a facelift and not an all new model.
- The new Mercedes E 63 will feature a new front grille and bumper design, a reshaped bonnet, new taillight lenses, redesigned quad exhaust outlets and a sleeker design profile.
- The new E 63 AMG will also drop the ponton-style lines at the rear doors which will make the side line more harmonious
- The air intakes will be lowered on the front bumper with LED daytime running lamps taking center stage.
- A new set of wheels and aero enhancements are in place to carry the AMG badge.
- On the 2014 E 63 AMG, a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V8 engine generates 537 HP/800 Nm that's sufficient to bump start your private jet (if needed). The engine will be mated to a seven-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT transmission.
- It will feature new technologies such as a forward-facing camera system to monitor the road ahead. It will also have a ‘congestion assistant’ system destined for the all-new S-Class that allows the car to follow slow-moving traffic autonomously.
The new Mercedes E63 AMG will be unveiled in 2013 at the same time as the standard E-Class.