Mahindra e2o launched at Rs. 5.96 lakhs [video]
Nithyanandh K, As a toddler, those wheeled machinery fascinated me even before I knew what they’re called as! So here I'm, petrolhead by birth, Mechanical engineer by qualification and automotive reporter by profession!
Update – Images, press release and brochure attached.
After much delay, the Mahindra e2o electric vehicle has finally been launched today at a price of Rs. 5.96 lakhs (on road Delhi after the subsidy that Delhi government offers on EVs).
Earlier in the day, Mahindra has unveiled the two door electric hatchback in front of the India Gate at New Delhi in the presence of Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, Chief Minister of Delhi.
Video walkaround of the Mahindra e2o
[can’t see the video above? Head over to Youtube]
Features of Mahindra e20
- Powered by a 25.4 bhp (19 KW) three phase induction motor
- Torque of 53 Nm right from the word go
- 48V maintenance free Li-ion battery
- Fully automatic transmission
- Gas fulled McPherson struts up front and gas filled shock absorbers with coil springs at the rear
- Front discs and rear drums for braking
- Low resistance tubeless tires of size 155/70 R 13
- Measures 3.2 m in length, 1.51 m in width and 1.56 m in height
- Wheelbase of 1.95 m and turning radius of 3.9 m
- Kerb weight of 830 kg
- Chassis is a welded tubular structure with 3 crumple zones which comply with European norms
- Top speed of 81 kmph
- Range of 100 km under test conditions
- Full charge takes 5 hours in regular 220V 15 A socket. One hour worth of charge can get you 20 km of range
- 6.2″ touch screen with GPS Navigation
- Hill hold function
- Service once a year and that too in customer’s place
- Smartphone controlled lock and AC
- REVive which activates reserve energy in case of emergency
- Regenerative braking
- Driver information system
- Sun2Car, power from solar energy
The Mahindra e20 is available in six colors – Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Eco Green, Oceanic White, Spanish Red and Sunshine Yellow.
Mahindra is predicting that the global EV market would be at 3.8 million units per year by 2020. For now, the e2o will be targeting environment conscious and tech savvy urban customers who want a second car.
Mahindra e2o Image Gallery
Mahindra e2o Brochure
[can’t see the brochure above? Head over to Issuu]
Mahindra e20 press release
[can’t see the press release above? Head over to Scribd]