The 2013 Mercedes GL Class leaked on to the internet yesterday, just a day before it’s official launch. But finally we have some official information to share:
As you may have come across many times on Indian Autos Blog, Mercedes Benz India will assemble the GL-Class in India next year at the Chakan plant in Maharashtra with the introduction of this model. Mercedes may not use the CKD model from the time of launch as the first few months could see them selling fully imported cars leaving ample time for the assembly lines to gear up. We expect MB India to launch the new GL-Class around the same time next year.
- Its better looking and even more luxurious inside
- The exterior styling is an evolution of the previous model that combines a similar front end design to the new ML-Class with a boxy rear-end.
- New 18-inch alloy wheels, updated front fascia, LED tail lights featuring fibre optics, a large roof spoiler are the highlights of the design.
- The dimensions haven’t changed. So it’s 5,120mm long, 2,141mm wide and 1,849 mm tall.
- Interior features large wood finish trim, a leather wrapped gearshift, infotainment, navigation and communication systems, and a 4.5-inch color display.
- Other interesting features include self-leveling air suspension, Collision Prevention Assist and Crosswind Stabilization, PARKTRONIC and Active Parking Assist, On- and Off-Road Package, surround view camera, adaptive high beam assist or the impressive panorama roof.
- Three variants for the 2013 Mercedes GL Class :
- GL450: 4.6-liter twin-turbo V8 with 362hp
- GL550: 4.6-liter twin-turbo V8 delivering 429hp
- GL350 BlueTEC: 3.0-liter turbo diesel generating 240hp
- All engines paired with Mercedes' new seven-speed automatic transmission.
- International launch in September 2012