Not exactly a volume spinner but the R8 is as good as it gets when you desire a brand shaper to sit in the lineup that has the run of the mill saloons and SUVs.
Today afternoon in New Delhi, Mr. Michael Perschke, head of Audi India along with the cast of the upcoming Bollywood movie 'Race 2' unveiled the 2013 edition of the R8 with aesthetic and technological updates.
2013 Audi R8 prices in India (ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Audi R8 V8 Coupe - 13,455,000 rupees (430hp 4.2L engine)
- Audi R8 V10 Coupe - 15,788,000 rupees (525hp 5.2L engine)
- Audi R8 V10 Convertible - 17,355,000 rupees (the top opens and closes electrohydraulically in 19 seconds up to 50kph)
What's new in the 2013 Audi R8?
- The S Tronic transmission replaces the R Tronic - the all-new 7-speed transmission improves acceleration by 0.3 seconds. It contains two multi-plate clutches serving two mutually independent sub-transmissions to cut time delay during gear changes.
- Larger shift paddles on the steering.
- All-LED lights standard throughout the range.
- New rim design on 18- or 19-inch wheels.
- Minor exterior design changes such as a single frame grille and new front bumper.
- New badges on the interior, leather covered components and minor differences in the trim finish.
Stick around to learn more details on the launch of the 2013 Audi R8.